Production demand and higher delivery standard from our industrial customers create an ever increasing requirement for improved and evermore complicated schemes and processes. LJU is at the forefront for more than 30 years in this field, in so doing it competently utilizes its historic experience and those of its innovative partners in delivering control systems and automation technologies in the combined area of its expertise.
These relationships provide powerful, flexible systems and individual specialty components for the control and administration of delivery systems in almost every industry.
- 1986 founded by W. Linnhoff, Th. Jahnke and W. Uhl as LJU Industrieelektronik GmbH in Berlin
Specializing in electronic equipment manufacture.
- 1986 developed the first LJU EMS controller series (ST5xx)
- 1989 developed the now standardized control-concept around the EMS
- 1991 moved to its manufacturing facility in Potsdam-Gross Glienicke
- 1999 built a new production and administration building featuring: warehouse, machine-shop, commissioning, assembly, test department and administration. Introduced the controller series 6 (ST6xx) with considerable developed functionality based upon the newer semiconductor technology.
- 2002 new and further developed absolute positioning systems, rail-bus and wire-bus systems, as well as inductive energy-transmission technology which was introduced for EMS and floor-conveyor systems. Controllers for lift-table platforms, vertical lifts (VDL), and roller-bed conveyors were also developed and produced.
- 2005 development of the controller series 7 (ST7xx), featuring compact construction and optionally integrated protection-features as well as further development in communication and identification properties.
- 2007 Introduction of light-weight (up to 200 kg), modular, complete EMS-system components
- 2009 LJU Automatisierungstechnik GmbH becomes a subsidiary of Grenzebach-Automation in Karlsruhe and thus becomes a member of the located in Hamlar north of Augsburg City.
- 2012 developing main components of an inductively powered floor carrier for Grenzebach
- 2015 introducing first samples of new Series 8 (ST8xx) and the new iDM busmaster architecture with Master Control Unit (MCU) and Track Control Unit (TCU).
- 2018 LJU becomes a member of the Conductix-Wampfler-group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of systems for energy and data transmission to mobile consumers.
Currently, there are approximately 1300 installations world-wide utilizing LJU Controls. Our customers range from all known automobile manufacturers to mail-distribution facilities, from integrators to warehouses as well as the food-industry.